Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Speech!

I remember a bad speech I heard. The speaker had some really terrific ideas, but his talk was so filled with filler words (um, like, so), that it was hard to follow. He ran out of time right as he got to the most crucial point and was cut off.

Having great content is not enough. You need to take care in delivery. No one will be able to follow your thoughts if you can’t speak them well.

This is true even for personal stories. Some may say “Well, this is my story, and I will tell it how I want” I’ve seen this particularly for Christian testimonies. However, even if your story is phenomenal, you need to remember that by telling it to others, you are expecting them to listen. The more you make it hard for your audience, the less they’ll care to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment