Sunday, December 1, 2013

Reminder

A number of people have told me online and in person how much they enjoy reading what I write here. I started writing as a way to share some of the things that I have learned in life. I know I am still young in many ways, but I do know that I have some share of wisdom to offer, and I am glad that people have found it helpful.

One danger however is in entwining my sense of well-being with the popularity of what I write. Although this is always the danger of any writer (“Acknowledge my writing! Acknowledge me!”), it is especially perilous on a social media platform.

This webcomic and the accompanying quote reminds me that Facebook is a platform. It is a tool. It is not my salvation. My hope is not built upon it.

http://zenpencils.com/comic/129-marc-maron-the-social-media-generation/

No comments:

Post a Comment