Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Celebrate my birthday with me!

Hi all,

My birthday is coming up on May 8th! For my birthday, I've decided to partner with One Day's Wages to help fight extreme global poverty. The World Bank estimates that 702 million people live in extreme global poverty, which is defined as living on less than $1.90 a day.

One Day's Wages works with local partners in multiple countries to address issues like access to clean water, job training, and gender-based violence.

This year, my birthday coincides with Mother's Day. Thus, I will be supporting ODW's project to Invest in Better Maternal Care. According to the World Health Organization, every day 830 women die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth. ODW's partners work to train midwives and nurses and build maternal wards and delivery centers.

So this year, celebrate my birthday with me by giving to my birthday campaign. Even $10 would help. Click below for more info.

Thanks for reading!





More information about ODW's Invest in Better Maternal Health campaign (including their partners), how they select their partners, and financial transparency.



No comments:

Post a Comment