Sunday, October 11, 2015

Physical Therapy - Taking care of myself

I've shared before about my mom's concern about how law school will affect me physically. She said "I'm afraid that you'll get stressed out, eat unhealthy food, get fat, get diabetes, never get married, and die."

Luckily, none of that has happened, but school has affected my back. I've been going to physical therapy appointments these past few weeks for persistent back pain. Hours of sitting in a chair reading casebooks exacerbated mobility problems. The pain is minor, but I want to address it before it gets worse.

I've seen the health concerns of others escalate until they become big problems. I've seen people struggle with gout, diabetes, and other chronic conditions. I don't want that to happen to me. I want to take care of issues that come up before they become bigger problems.

I believe that I have the opportunity to do great things and impact people's lives in a positive way. I want to take care of myself so that I can continue to live well and serve others fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment