Friday, May 22, 2015

Writing about faith

On my birthday, I invited people to share critiques or comments with me. One good friend encouraged me to write more openly about faith. This friend told me that I am an amazing storyteller and that it would be wonderful to read more about how I see God working in my life.
I have been thinking about discussing this topic more openly. Writing about faith can be a delicate task. It can be a volatile subject. I don't have problems with people disagreeing with me, but social media is a poor platform for the nuances and complexities that are inherent in discussions of faith.
Yet I don't want my voice constrained by possible offense. I will take pains to write about faith in a way that is helpful and hospitable for all. As always, I will endeavor to write about my own experience. The stance is reflection, not sermon.

No comments:

Post a Comment