Saturday, April 11, 2015

Useful words

It's been some time since my last post. I was fairly ill two weeks ago, and then I took a short hiatus for Easter. I actually thought about taking a break. Truth is, though I enjoy writing these short posts, there is a faint critical voice the dogs me. "You're too preachy. You're too sentimental. You're wasting people's time."

A few days ago, I ran into a friend at school. She reminded me of my post about my visit to the post office and not allowing the crushing bureaucratic morass to kill my joy. She had it starred in her email and would read it on occasion. I was very touched by her words.

I am grateful that people find my writing helpful. It is a great impetus to continue. My words may not be clever, original, or incisive. I'm no poet, pundit, or playwright. Yet I will endeavor to be honest, thoughtful, and forthcoming. I hope that it is useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment