Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Note for D.

It’s been a long time. What are you doing here?


…No, you can’t stay. I thought I made that clear the last time. I told you that I was done with this, done with you.


…Listen, I’ve found someone else, alright? Someone better than you. Someone better for me in every single way. He is good to me.


…I don’t care! I don’t care. Look, I know we have that history. You were part of helping me make sense of things. When I was feeling so horrible about myself, you helped me to understand why. You put together the whole story for me.


Except that it wasn’t true. None of it was true, and I was a fool to believe it from the start. You lied to me, and you had me lie to myself. You had me believe that I was worthless, that I was useless, that I had no right to desire acceptance, love, or compassion. 


But his story is better. His story is good. His story is true. He has given me fine clothes, finer than what you had given me all my life. With him, I can fully live.


So listen, I don’t want to see you come around here again, alright? I’m with someone else now, and I won’t be letting him go. He won’t let me go.


-Joel


ISA 61+3

No comments:

Post a Comment