Thursday, January 12, 2012

Surprising News

Last night I had a dream.


In my dream, I was chatting with a dear friend (I won’t say who, but I already told him this story). We were sharing stories from years past, when he gave a long, defeated sigh.


"You know, there’s something that I’ve never told you. Never told anyone." He had a pained expression, and it was clear that he was speaking from a place of deep regret.


"Years ago, I was in a really bad place in my life. I felt so lonely and distant from everyone. So I went out, and spent money on…Well, I didn’t want to feel so lonely, so…I spent money on a prostitute. I spent money on sex."


He hung his head low. I didn’t know what to say. I had never heard him speak about this, and was honestly at a loss for words. Then he raised his head and continued.


"And now, I found out that I had a son through her. He’s here, actually. Would you like to meet him?"


He turned around and gestured behind him, and around the corner came…a baby kangaroo.


I said “Ah, I can see the resemblance. At least, as much resemblance as there can be with a kangaroo.” Then I woke up.


So did I just dream that a friend had a child with a kangaroo? Seems like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment